UK citizens are automatically covered for health related costs, overseas visitors need medical insurance valid for mountaineering.

Alps & Overseas
For any overseas bookings it is essential to have proper insurance for medical, rescue and repatriation and third party liability insurance. Unfortunately we cannot take anyone on the hill without current and adequate insurance.

Your insurance has to include winter sports and all aspects of unrestricted climbing, off piste skiing , mountaineering, or whatever you are planning to do, and it has to be valid for the countries that you are visiting.

Good policies are available from the British Mountaineering Council in Manchester – which we would recommend (see Links page).
For odd days and short trips cover is available in the Alps with Carte Neige, usually available from tourist offices, and some Alpine club membership includes an insurance package – but check these policies to make sure they are adequate for you.